Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's the travel bug

People have their addictions: smoking, gambling or what have you. Mine is travel. I've been thinking for some time that it's been a year since I've been overseas, which was also my last proper vacation. Last two three-day weekends have been taking up with wedding stuff (shower and actual wedding) and I haven't been out of town for the weekend since March which was the end of an almost monthly series of long weekends: Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Los Angeles/Bakersfield, Los Angeles. Between school, work and a general lack of time I haven't traveled recently and I'm getting itchy feet.

I know all the practical reasons I shouldn't go away this weekend: traffic, money I don't need to spend, higher rates due to the holiday weekend, etc. And yet, I'm still messing around on lastminute.com and MegaBus. At least I'm genetically opposed to spending a lot and am a budget traveler at heart.

No comments: