Sunday, September 14, 2008

Low-cost weekend

woohoo! Minimal expenditures due to free food at a block party, leftovers that will provide lunch for the week (have events Tues, Weds and drinks with friends on Thurs) and lots of coupons. I need to go through my folder and find out which expire on the 30th so I can plan a Wal-mart run, if needed. Even with the $6 bus fare (RT to Secaucus) the prices there are so much better that it doesn't make sense not to go. It's similar to Gimme Five Bucks Costco trips. I'm somewhat glad that my shopping is limited by cloth carry bags -- schlepping bags back from Port Authority (or the budget busting cab) is not my ideal form of weight training, and I don't have room for a ton of stuff.

I got some wonderful coupons though. Also found a new-to-me rebate blog that I hope to put to good use because as I mentioned, I find rebates to be a pain.

No comments: