Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Rebates

Sad to see that Hooray for Freebates will be slowing up, I liked that blog for tips and things I didn't realize you could do -- like a profit when you use a coupon with a rebate form. I'm still learning how to use rebates but at times I think they take more work than you get in return.

That said, my fiscal and physical diet start back up this week. Been good on the former, made lunch 2/3 days and didn't pay for dinner last night or tonight. Schedule has been a bit zooey tough so I haven't made it to the gym.

Walgreen's ad had such promise this week but neither the local one nor the big one at Astor Place had half of the best deals (i.e. PB and jelly 3/$5, Rice Krispies 20 oz 3/$7) so I'm not coming out ahead. There's a third one I could try but bus travel north of the frozen zone has been a royal PITA. So we'll see.

That said, I think I'm going to Wal-Mart this weekend. Got some things I need to buy -- and some coupons that expire 9/30 for some items on my shopping list. Let's just hope I can avoid the challenge of buying more than I intend. 

Also as I touched on here, I found a 2.9% for the life of the BT option. I think I'm going to pursue it for what's on the SPG AMEX.

No comments: