THen I get a letter from Delta. Apparently my miles were expiring. Now I know these are of mixed value but I look at it as follows:
- it's magazines I already read
- I didn't know I still had these miles since I don't fly Delta much and hadn't gotten a statement in eons. They expire in December and I was advised by Customer Service that whatever happens with the merger and our miles, it won't be resolved by then.
- These weren't enough miles to do anything.
- No cash cost whatsoever
- Renewed subscription to the economist, 51 issues
- New subscription to Sports Illustrated rather than buying at the news stand or waiting for friends to finish. I let this subscription go ages ago and missed it. 56 issues
- Money, which I'd passed over in favour of Kiplinger's. 12 issues
- Forbes, which everyone in the office fights over when it comes in, 26 issues
I think that was "money" well spent, will keep me well read for a while. I'm waiting on PC World to expire before I swap it for Mac World.