Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Groceries:Redux: Your Grocer

As I said in the last post, the cost of groceries is a challenge. There's the temptation/draw of bulk purchases but the question of whether it truly is cheaper and then the efforts required to get the purchases home. I was looking through the Valpak coupons that we get periodically in the mail and I came across one for Your Grocer.

I was intrigued by the option of a no-cost warehouse and the fact that they deliver. However when I looked at a smattering of prices, they don't appear competitive despite the "savings" they claim. Just shows you really need to know prices, I suppose. Sure, it's cheaper than buying a 20oz every morning at the convenient store, but it's not as well priced as the grocery store and it doesn't appear possible to use coupons. 

Suppose it's back to the drawing board.

No comments: