Sunday, March 15, 2009

what gets me is the cost of groceries

or at least that's what's hitting me this week. I went into Key Foods, one of my local grocery stored and was very excited to see Nabisco 100 calorie packs on sale 2/$6 and I nearly bought them. I called mom from the store to see if she'd ever tried a certain one -- and she told me she'd just bought them at 2/$4! So I didn't buy them.

I'm a big coupon clipper -- and because enough people I know get the Sunday paper(s) and aren't coupon clippers - I don't have to buy them. I use them, but sometimes I think I'm blowing into a hurricane! It's like the breakfast bars I like -- usually $3.99 at Duane Reade but they're almost always 2.50 or less by Mom or at Wal-Mart so even when I have a $1 off, it's still not competitive. I need to get better about monthly or at least bi-monthly trips to Wal-Mart -- $$ goes further even when you factor in the $6RT bus fare to Secaucus. 

I also need to look more closely at Drugstore.com for things that may be cheaper on there -- even when I can't use coupons. I think, however, it's a lot like Amazon in that it encourages overspending so we'll see. 

I'm going to make progress -- but this month isn't it.

No comments: